- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 95. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Section 80. Trapping Cabin Construction Permits.
previous: Section 75
. Permits For the Use of Trapping Cabins.
next: Section 85
. Definitions For AS 38.95.075
AS 38.95.080. Trapping Cabin Construction Permits.
- (a) The commissioner may issue a nontransferable permit for the construction of a trapping cabin on state land to a person
who meets the following qualifications:
- (1) the person must have an established trapline with proof of regular use;
- (2) the person must have a trapline of sufficient length to justify the need for cabin construction.
- (b) Nothing in (a) of this section prevents the director from issuing a permit to more than one qualified person for the
construction and use of the same trapping cabin.
- (c) The director shall establish, by regulation, conditions attaching to the permit issued under (a) and (b) of this
section. These conditions shall include the following:
- (1) permits shall be issued for a period of not more than 10 years, with succeeding 10-year renewal options, if periodic
use and occupancy is established, and the qualifications of (a) of this section continue to be met;
- (2) a cabin shall be constructed and maintained according to reasonable specifications established by the director; one
cabin constructed under a permit may contain not more than 400 square feet; however, in no case may another cabin
constructed under the same permit exceed 192 square feet;
- (3) a permit shall specify the number of cabins allowed to be constructed and indicate their specific geographical
location; the director may establish a maximum number of cabins per person or otherwise limit their number because of
the probability of adverse consequences;
- (4) adequate provision must be made for waste and garbage disposal, as determined by the director;
- (5) the payment of a trapping cabin permit fee of $10.
- (d) A permit issued under (a) and (b) of this section entitles its holder to use timber in the immediate vicinity of the
cabin for personal noncommercial purposes only. No ownership rights to the land are conveyed by the issuance of a
trapping cabin permit under this section.
- (e) A person who makes a false statement as to any material fact relating to a permit issued under this section is guilty
of a misdemeanor. A person who violates this subsection or any of the terms and conditions of a permit issued under
this section may have the permit immediately revoked and is subject to payment of all costs required in dismantling the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.