- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 40. Procurement Regulations.
previous: Section 30
. Court System.
next: Section 50
. Lists of Contractors.
AS 36.30.040. Procurement Regulations.
- (a) The commissioner shall adopt regulations governing the procurement, management, and control of supplies, services,
professional services, and construction by agencies. The regulations must contain provisions for prohibiting procurement from a person
that has headquarters in a country listed in Tier 3 of the most recent Trafficking in Persons Report published by the United States
Secretary of State under 22 U.S.C. 7107(b)(1)(C). The regulations may contain provisions for restricting procurement from a person that
conducts business in but does not have headquarters in a country listed in Tier 3 of the most recent Trafficking in Persons Report
published by the United States Secretary of State under 22 U.S.C. 7107(b)(1)(C). The commissioner may audit and monitor the
implementation of the regulations and the requirements of this chapter with respect to using agencies.
- (b) The commissioner shall adopt regulations pertaining to
- (1) suspension, debarment, and reinstatement of prospective bidders and contractors;
- (2) bid protests;
- (3) conditions and procedures for the procurement of perishables and items for resale;
- (4) conditions and procedures for the use of source selection methods authorized by this chapter, including single source
procurements, emergency procurements, and small procurements;
- (5) the opening or rejection of bids and offers, and waiver of informalities in bids and offers;
- (6) confidentiality of technical data and trade secrets submitted by actual or prospective bidders or offerors;
- (7) partial, progressive, and multiple awards;
- (8) storerooms and inventories, including determination of appropriate stock levels and the management of agency supplies;
- (9) transfer, sale, or other disposal of supplies;
- (10) definitions and classes of contractual services and procedures for acquiring them;
- (11) providing for conducting price analysis;
- (12) use of payment and performance bonds in connection with contracts for supplies, services, and construction;
- (13) guidelines for use of cost principles in negotiations, adjustments, and settlements;
- (14) conditions under which an agency may use the services of an employment program;
- (15) a bidder's or offeror's duties under this chapter; and
- (16) the elimination and prevention of discrimination in state contracting because of race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability, or political affiliation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.