Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 15. Veterans' Loans
- Section 10. Powers and Duties of Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development With Respect to Veterans' Loans.
previous: Chapter 15
. Veterans' Loans
next: Section 20
. Validation of Certain Documents.
AS 26.15.010. Powers and Duties of Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development With Respect to Veterans' Loans.
- (a) The Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development shall administer the laws and regulations relating to
the veterans' loan program, adopt new regulations, and recommend legislation.
- (b) The department shall obtain the guarantee of the United States under the Servicemen's Re-Adjustment Act on loans as
prescribed by regulations of the department. Under regulations of the department, the department may guarantee or
insure loans or portions of loans not to exceed 90 percent as may be obtainable by veterans having the qualifications
of beneficiaries under this chapter from any person, firm, corporation, bank, savings and loan association, or an
agency or instrumentality of the United States, and may grant participating portions of the loans.
- (c) Under regulations of the department, the department may grant loans to two or more qualified veterans to engage in the
same business, as a partner or joint venturer with one or more other persons. However, if one or more veterans engage
as a partner in a business or joint venture with a nonveteran, the department shall require the nonveteran or
nonveterans to contribute equally to the capital assets of the business or joint venture.
- (d) Under regulations of the department, the department may enter into contracts with insurance companies for mortgage
insurance coverage on veteran loans.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.