Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 63. Medical Support Order.
previous: Section 62
. Income Withholding Order For Support.
next: Section 65
. Waiver of Child Support.
AS 25.27.063. Medical Support Order.
- (a) [Repealed, Sec. 23 ch 106 SLA 2000].
- (b) If a parent who is required to provide health care coverage under a medical support order is eligible for family
health coverage through an employer, the court or agency issuing the medical support order shall send a copy of the
medical support order to the employer. If the agency has notice that the parent has changed or will be changing
employment and is or will be eligible for family health coverage through the new employer, the agency shall send a copy
of the medical support order to the new employer.
- (c) An employer who receives a copy of a medical support order under (b) of this section
- (1) shall allow the employee named in the order to enroll the child under the family coverage without regard to
restrictions relating to enrollment periods if the child is otherwise eligible and is not already enrolled under the
- (2) shall, if the employee fails to apply for enrollment of a child under (1) of this subsection, enroll the child under
the employee's family coverage upon application by the child's other parent or custodian, the child support services
agency, or the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (3) may not disenroll or eliminate coverage of the child while the employee is still employed by the employer unless the
employer has eliminated family health coverage for all of its employees or has received written evidence that
- (A) the employee is no longer required by court order or administrative order to provide the child's insurance coverage;
- (B) the child is or will be enrolled in comparable health coverage through another insurer that will take effect not later
than the effective date of the disenrollment or elimination of coverage; and
- (4) shall withhold from the employee's compensation the employee's share, if any, of premiums for health coverage to the
extent permitted under 15 U.S.C. 1673(b) (Consumer Credit Protection Act) and pay the withheld amount to the
appropriate insurer; if federal regulations allow the employer to withhold less than the employee's share of the
insurance premium, the employer may withhold the lesser amount and pay it to the appropriate insurer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.