Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 415. Review By Appeal Tribunal.
previous: Section 410
. Appeal Tribunals.
next: Section 420
. Hearing Procedure and Record.
AS 23.20.415. Review By Appeal Tribunal.
- (a) A party entitled to notice of determination provided in AS 23.20.340 may file an appeal from the determination to an
appeal tribunal within the time specified in that section. However, an appeal from a determination which involves AS 23.20.383
shall be made to the department. The parties to an appeal from a determination shall include all those entitled to
notice of the determination and a properly designated representative of the department.
- (b) If an appeal involves a question whether service constitutes employment, the tribunal shall give notice of the appeal
and the issues involved to a properly designated representative of the department and to the employing unit for which
the service was performed. The employing unit, if not already a party, shall then become a party to the appeal.
- (c) If an appeal from a determination is pending on the date a redetermination is issued, the appeal unless withdrawn
shall be treated as an appeal from the redetermination. Appeals may be withdrawn at the request of the appellant and
with the permission of the appeal tribunal if the record preceding the appeal and the request for the withdrawal
support the correctness of the determination, and indicate that no coercion or fraud is involved in the withdrawal.
- (d) In addition to the issues raised by the determination which is appealed, the tribunal may hear and decide additional
issues affecting the claimant's rights to benefits if, by the date of hearing, the department has issued no final
determination concerning the additional issues and the parties involved have been notified of the hearing and of the
pendency of the additional issues.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.