Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 420. Hearing Procedure and Record.
previous: Section 415
. Review By Appeal Tribunal.
next: Section 425
. Consolidated Appeals.
AS 23.20.420. Hearing Procedure and Record.
- (a) Each party shall be promptly given a reasonable opportunity for fair hearing. An appeal tribunal shall inquire into
and develop all facts bearing on the issues and shall receive and consider evidence without regard to statutory and
common law rules. The appeal tribunal shall include in the record and consider as evidence all records of the
department that are material to the issues.
- (b) The department shall adopt regulations governing the manner of filing appeals and the conduct of hearings and appeals
consistent with the provisions of this chapter. A record shall be kept of all testimony and proceedings in an appeal,
but testimony need not be transcribed unless further review is initiated.
- (c) Witnesses subpoenaed shall be allowed fees at a rate fixed by the department. The fees of witnesses subpoenaed on
behalf of the department or a claimant are considered part of the expense of administering this chapter.
- (d) A member of the department, or of an appeal tribunal, or a person acting on behalf of the department may not
participate in an appeal in which the person has an interest.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.