Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 8. Emergency Medical Services
- Section 10. Administration.
previous: Chapter 8
. Emergency Medical Services
next: Section 15
. Patient Information System.
AS 18.08.010. Administration.
The department is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of a statewide comprehensive
emergency medical services system and, accordingly, shall
- (1) coordinate public and private agencies engaged in the planning and delivery of emergency medical services, including
trauma care, to plan an emergency medical services system;
- (2) assist public and private agencies to deliver emergency medical services, including trauma care, through the award of
grants in aid;
- (3) conduct, encourage, and approve programs of education and training designed to upgrade the knowledge and skills of
health personnel involved in emergency medical services, including trauma care;
- (4) establish and maintain a process under which hospitals and clinics could represent themselves to be trauma centers
because they voluntarily meet criteria adopted by the department; criteria adopted by the department to implement this
paragraph must be based on an applicable national evaluation system.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.