Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 8. Emergency Medical Services
- Section 15. Patient Information System.
previous: Section 10
next: Section 20
. Alaska Council On Emergency Medical Services.
AS 18.08.015. Patient Information System.
- (a) The department may establish an emergency medical services patient care information system. If the department collects
information on emergency medical services patient care, the department shall establish a format for the data
collection. The purpose of the system is to
- (1) collect data on the incidence, severity, and causes of trauma injuries;
- (2) integrate this data on trauma injuries with information available from other public and private sources on trauma
- (3) improve the delivery of prehospital and hospital emergency medical services.
- (b) A person, organization, or government agency that provides a prehospital emergency medical service through a
certificate issued under this chapter shall participate in the system by making available to the department the minimum
data requested in a format that is compatible with the format developed by the department to implement (a) of this
section. The minimum data must include the
- (1) type of medical emergency or nature of the call;
- (2) response time; and
- (3) prehospital treatment provided.
- (c) A hospital that provides emergency medical services shall make available to the department an abstract of the records
of all patients admitted to the hospital's trauma and general surgery services for trauma care. The abstracts must be
in a format that is compatible with the format developed by the department under (a) of this section.
- (d) The department shall consult with the Alaska Council on Emergency Medical Services in designing, implementing, and
revising the system.
- (e) The department may delegate the responsibility for collecting data under this section to other public agencies or to
private persons on contract to the department.
- (f) In this section, "system" means the emergency medical services patient care information system established under this
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.