Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 13. State Election Campaigns
- Section 135. Independent Expenditures For or Against Candidates.
previous: Section 130
. Definitions. [Repealed, Ch 48 Sec. 28 SLA 1996].
next: Section 140
. Independent Expenditures For or Against Ballot Proposition or Question.
AS 15.13.135. Independent Expenditures For or Against Candidates.
- (a) Only an individual, group, or nongroup entity may make an independent expenditure supporting or opposing a candidate
for election to public office. An independent expenditure supporting or opposing a candidate for election to public
office, except an independent expenditure made by a nongroup entity with an annual operating budget of $250 or less,
shall be reported in accordance with AS 15.13.040
and 15.13.100 - 15.13.110 and other requirements of this chapter.
- (b) An individual, group, or nongroup entity who makes independent expenditures for a mass mailing, for distribution of
campaign literature of any sort, for a television, radio, newspaper, or magazine advertisement, or any other
communication that supports or opposes a candidate for election to public office
- (1) shall comply with AS 15.13.090
- (2) shall place the following statement in the mailing, literature, advertisement, or other communication so that it is
readily and easily discernible:
This NOTICE TO VOTERS is required by Alaska law. (I/we) certify that this (mailing/literature/advertisement) is not
authorized, paid for, or approved by the candidate.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.