Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 91. Education Loan Program.
previous: Section 90
. Scholarship Revolving Loan Fund. [Repealed, Sec. 42 Ch 85 SLA 2001].
next: Section 95
. Financial Aid Committee. [Repealed, Sec. 29 Ch 43 SLA 1991].
AS 14.43.091. Education Loan Program.
- (a) There is created the education loan program to provide loans to individuals who are students to assist in paying the
costs of postsecondary education. The provisions of this section, AS 14.43.100
- 14.43.160, 14.43.910, 14.43.920, and 14.43.990 apply to the loans.
- (b) Upon approval by the commission of an education loan, the corporation shall finance a loan disbursement, subject to
any limit that the corporation sets on the total amount of loans that the corporation will finance in a school year. A
loan financed under this section becomes an asset of the corporation.
- (c) Repayments of principal and interest on a loan are paid into the education loan fund established in AS 14.42.210
. If money made available by the corporation is inadequate to fully finance eligible loan applications, additional
financing from the general fund may be requested and appropriated for that year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.