Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 990. Definitions.
previous: Section 930
. Scholarship Program Information.
next: Chapter 44
. Interstate Education Compacts
AS 14.43.990. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "AlaskAdvantage" means the service mark registered by the commission under 15 U.S.C. 1051 (Trademark Act) that is used
to describe financial aid and higher education outreach programs and services provided by the commission;
- (2) "approved federal family education loan institution" means a postsecondary education institution in this state or
outside of this state that is approved for participation in the federal guaranteed student loan program;
- (3) "commission" means the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education;
- (4) "corporation" means the Alaska Student Loan Corporation created in AS 14.42.100
- (5) "education loan" means a loan made to finance the cost of attendance in a postsecondary education program that is made
by the commission or is a loan received through the federal guaranteed student loan program.
- (6) "federal guaranteed student loan program" means the programs of the United States government making postsecondary
educational financial aid available under 20 U.S.C. 1070 - 1099c-2, as amended.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.