Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 290. Definitions.
previous: Section 280
next: Chapter 5
. Public Schools Generally
AS 14.03.290. Definitions.
In AS 14.03.250
- (1) "academic policy committee" means the group designated to supervise the academic operation of a charter school and to
ensure the fulfillment of the mission of a charter school;
- (2) "charter school" means a school established under AS 14.03.250
- 14.03.290 that operates within a public school
- (3) "local school board" means a borough or city school board or a school board of a regional educational attendance area;
- (4) "parent" means a biological, adoptive, or foster parent, or an adult who acts as guardian of a child and makes
decisions related to the child's safety, education, and welfare;
- (5) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 21 SLA 2000].
- (6) "teacher" means a person who serves a school district in a teaching, counseling, or administrative capacity and is
required to be certificated in order to hold the position.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.