Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 250. Establishment of Charter Schools.
previous: Section 160
. Suspension or Expulsion of Students For Possessing Weapons.
next: Section 255
. Organization and Operation of a Charter School.
AS 14.03.250. Establishment of Charter Schools.
- (a) A charter school may be established as provided under AS 14.03.250
- 14.03.290 upon the approval of the local school
board and the state Board of Education and Early Development of an application for a charter school. The state Board of
Education and Early Development may not approve more than 60 charter schools to operate in the state at any one time.
- (b) A local school board shall prescribe an application procedure for the establishment of a charter school in that school
district. The application procedure must include provisions for an academic policy committee consisting of parents of
students attending the school, teachers, and school employees and a proposed form for a contract between a charter
school and the local school board, setting out the contract elements required under AS 14.03.255
- (c) A local school board shall forward to the state Board of Education and Early Development applications for a charter
school that have been approved or denied by the local board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.