Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 13. Barbers and Hairdressers
- Section 30. Powers and Duties of the Board.
previous: Section 20
. Terms of Office and Removal of Members. [Repealed, Sec. 49 Ch 94 SLA 1987. For Current Law, See AS 08.01.035
next: Section 40
. Meetings and Examinations.
AS 08.13.030. Powers and Duties of the Board.
- (a) The board shall exercise general control over the vocations of barbering, hairdressing, manicuring, esthetics, and
body piercing and the vocation of tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring.
- (b) The board shall
- (1) examine applicants and approve the issuance of licenses and permits to practice;
- (2) authorize the issuance of licenses for schools of barbering, hairdressing, manicuring, and esthetics;
- (3) develop written instructions and notices that tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring shop owners and practitioners
and body piercing shop owners and practitioners are required to give or display under AS 08.13.215
- (c) The board may
- (1) suspend or revoke a license or permit;
- (2) on its own motion or upon receipt of a written complaint, conduct hearings and request the Department of Commerce,
Community, and Economic Development or the Department of Environmental Conservation to investigate the practices of a
person, shop, or school involved in the practice or teaching of barbering, hairdressing, manicuring, esthetics, body
piercing, or tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring;
- (3) adopt regulations or do any act necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.