Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) An assisted living home shall provide, on a form supplied by the department, written notice to the department, to each affected resident or that resident's representative, and to any service coordinator, as follows:
(1) within 24 hours or on the next business day if
(A) an administrator, a care provider, or an individual who resides in the home, other than a resident receiving services, is arrested or convicted of an offense listed in 7 AAC 75.215; for purposes of notice under this subparagraph, a resident is an affected resident if the resident was a victim of the offense committed, or if the offense was committed on the premises of the assisted living home;
(C) a resident dies of other than a natural cause; or
(D) physical restraint is used under 7 AAC 75.295; notification under this subparagraph shall be provided only to the resident's representative; notification under this subparagraph need not be made if the resident's assisted living plan indicates that notification under (4) of this subsection is sufficient as established under 7 AAC 75.295(d) (1); notice must be given under this subparagraph or under (4) of this subsection even if prenotification is required under 7 AAC 75.295(c) (3)(C);
(2) within 48 hours after a resident
(A) experiences a medical emergency, serious injury, or accident; notice under this subparagraph must include information as to whether the resident required more than 24 hours of hospitalization;
(B) is involved in assaultive behavior that resulted in the need for medical treatment for the resident or another individual, or that required police intervention; or
(C) is absent from the home for 24 hours or longer without prior notice to the home;
(3) within 72 hours, and not less than 24 hours, before the termination, under AS 47.33.360 (a)(1) or (a)(4), of a resident's residential services contract with the home;
(4) within five days if physical restraint is used under 7 AAC 75.295 unless a shorter time is provided in a resident's assisted living plan in accordance with 7 AAC 75.295(c) ; notice must be given as required under (1)(D) of this subsection or under this paragraph even if prenotification is required under 7 AAC 75.295(c) (3)(C); the notice must include the information required by 7 AAC 75.295(d) ;
(5) at least 14 days before a change in the home's mailing address;
(6) at least 30 days before
(A) a rate increase;
(C) amendment of a residential services contract to require an advance payment under AS 47.33.030 ; and
(7) at least 90 days before
(A) a closure of the home; or
(B) a relocation of the home.
(b) Repealed 6/24/2004.
(c) An assisted living home shall notify the department, in writing, before taking an action that requires
(1) a request for modification when the administrator, individual, or entity named in the current application changes;
(2) a request for department approval of a modification to increase resident capacity; or
(3) notification because the use of the home will change from exclusive occupancy as an assisted living home to shared use as a business or other enterprise; a notification under this paragraph must include information to show compliance with 7 AAC 75.260(b) .
History: Eff. 4/6/2002, Register 162; am 6/24/2004, Register 170
Authority: AS 47.33.080
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006