(a) An assisted living home may not require a resident or prospective resident of the home or a resident or prospective resident’s representative, to make an advance payment to the home except as security for performance of the contract or as advance rent for the immediately following rental period as the rental period is defined in the contract. If a home requires a resident or prospective resident to make an advance payment for security or as advance rent,
(1) the home shall promptly deposit the money in a designated trust account in a financial institution, separate from other money and property of the home;
(2) the home may not represent on a financial statement that the advance payment money is part of the assets of the home;
(3) the advance payment money may be used only for the account of the resident;
(4) the home shall notify the resident or the resident’s representative, in writing, of the name and address of the depository in which the advance payment money is being held; and
(5) the home shall provide to the resident or the resident’s representative the terms and conditions under which the advance payment money may be withheld by the home.
(b) An assisted living home shall establish a written policy for the refund of unused advance payments in the event of termination of a residential services contract or death of a resident. The policy must provide that a resident is entitled to a prorated refund of the unused portion of an advance payment, less reasonable charges for damages to the home resulting from other than normal use.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 47.33.005. Purpose.
- Sec. 47.33.010. Applicability.
- Sec. 47.33.020. Health-related services allowed in assisted living homes.
- Sec. 47.33.040. Residents’ money.
- Sec. 47.33.050. Temporary absence.
- Sec. 47.33.060. House rules.
- Sec. 47.33.070. Resident files.
- Sec. 47.33.080. Closure or relocation; change of mailing address.
- Sec. 47.33.090. Rate increase.
- Sec. 47.33.100. Criminal background check for employees. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.200. Commencement of residency.
- Sec. 47.33.210. Residential services contracts.
- Sec. 47.33.220. Assisted living plan required.
- Sec. 47.33.230. Assisted living plan contents; distribution.
- Sec. 47.33.240. Evaluation of assisted living plan.
- Sec. 47.33.300. Residents’ rights.
- Sec. 47.33.310. Notice of rights.
- Sec. 47.33.320. Access to assisted living home.
- Sec. 47.33.330. Prohibitions.
- Sec. 47.33.340. Resident grievance procedure.
- Sec. 47.33.350. Retaliation against home resident.
- Sec. 47.33.360. Involuntary termination of contract.
- Secs. 47.33.400 , 47.33.410. License required; Licensing agency. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.420. Standard forms.
- Sec. 47.33.430. Authority of state agencies to impose additional requirements. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Secs. 47.33.500 — 47.33.570. Complaint; Immunity; Investigation; Notice of violation; Report of compliance; Administrative sanctions; Administrative procedures; Criminal penalty. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Secs. 47.33.910 , 47.33.920. Fees; Regulations. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.990. Definitions.