Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) A person or vessel that is licensed or registered to commercially fish for any species of miscellaneous shellfish may not operate dive fishing gear
(1) in waters closed to the taking of miscellaneous shellfish in a registration area from 14 days before a commercial opening for miscellaneous shellfish in that registration area;
(2) during closed periods between weekly commercial openings for miscellaneous shellfish in that registration area; or
(3) during the 14-day period after the person has participated in a commercial miscellaneous shellfish fishery in that registration area, as indicated by the date of landing on a fish ticket.
(b) The prohibition described in (a) of this section does not
(1) include diving for a non-harvesting purpose authorized by a local representative of the department; or
(2) prohibit a diver from legally participating in any commercial miscellaneous shellfish fishery.
History: Eff. 4/15/94, Register 130; am 9/28/97, Register 143
Authority: AS 16.05.251
Editor's note: As of Register 166 (July 2003), and acting under AS 44.62.125 (b)(6), the regulations attorney made a change to the authority citation in 5 AAC 38.054, to reflect Executive Order 107 (2003).
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006