Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
(1) "commissioner" means commissioner of the Department of Education and Early Development;
(2) "department" means the Department of Education and Early Development;
(3) "standardized norm referenced test" means a test that is administered and scored under the same conditions to all students and that provides similar, comparable information to a nationally representative group of students;
(4) "state board" means the Alaska State Board of Education;
(5) "HSGQE" means the state high school graduation qualifying examination selected under 4 AAC 06.755;
(6) "accommodation" means a change made to a testing situation to ensure that information obtained from a statewide assessment is an accurate reflection of what the assessment is intended to measure rather than a measure of a student's disability;
(7) "alternate assessment" means a measurement of a student's achievement of alternate performance standards under 4 AAC 04.160;
(8) "IEP" means individualized education program under 4 AAC 52.140;
(9) "modification" means a change to the setting, timing, presentation, or response format of a standardized test that alters what a test measures;
(10) repealed 9/17/2004;
(11) "section 504 plan" means a plan that meets the requirements of 29 U.S.C. 794 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973);
(12) "district" means a city or borough school district, a regional educational attendance area, and a state boarding school;
(13) "modified HSGQE" means the HSGQE with modifications that have been requested by a student's IEP or section 504 team and approved by the department under 4 AAC 06.775;
(14) "nonstandardized HSGQE" means an assessment of a student's proficiency in math, writing, and reading that is
(A) not a standardized assessment;
(B) requested by a student's IEP or section 504 team;
(C) approved by the department under 4 AAC 06.775; and
(D) a measurement, to the maximum extent possible, of the student's proficiency under the standards tested under the HSGQE;
(15) " Participation Guidelines " means the department's Participation Guidelines for Alaska Students in State Assessments , adopted by reference in 4 AAC 06.775.
History: Eff. 12/16/94, Register 132; am 3/3/2000, Register 153; am 12/19/2002, Register 164; am 9/17/2004, Register 171
Authority: AS 14.03.075
Editor's note: As of Register 151 (October 1999), the regulations attorney made technical revisions under AS 44.62.125 (b)(6) to reflect the name change of the Department of Education to the Department of Education and Early Development made by ch. 58, SLA 1999, and the corresponding title change of the commissioner of education.
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006