Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of the Department of Education and Early Development;
(2) "extracurricular recreational activity" includes school-sponsored or supported clubs, teams, or activities of general or specific interest not part of classroom instruction;
(3) "instructional material" includes textbooks, films, filmstrips, workbooks and other materials the primary purpose of which is for use in classroom instructional activity; "instructional materials" does not include literary works;
(4) "physical education activities involving bodily contact" means boxing, wrestling, rugby, ice hockey, football, basketball, and other sports the purpose or major activity of which involves bodily contact;
(5) "gender bias" means behavior or written materials that, when taken as a whole, portray one gender in a role or status inferior to or more limited than that of the other gender; assign abilities, traits, interests, or activities on the basis of gender stereotypes; denigrate or ridicule on the basis of gender; ignore or substantially underrepresent the numerical existence of one gender for reasons not necessitated by the subject matter of the work; or otherwise treat persons in a discriminatory way on the basis of gender;
(6) "state board" means the State Board of Education;
(7) "department" means the Department of Education and Early Development;
(8) "discrimination" means differential treatment of or the denial of equal opportunity to a person based on that person's race or gender or because that person filed a grievance under this chapter.
History: Eff. 10/31/82, Register 84; am 6/4/93, Register 126
Authority: AS 14.18.010
Editor's note: As of Register 151 (October 1999), the regulations attorney made technical revisions under AS 44.62.125 (b)(6) to reflect the name change of the Department of Education to the Department of Education and Early Development made by ch. 58, SLA 1999, and the corresponding title change of the commissioner of education.
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006