Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The following listed manuals and supplementary materials are adopted as basic guides for public school accounting systems and the annual audit of school districts:
(1) the Codification of Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards (GAFRS) issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, Second Edition as of June 15, 1987; the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants publication "Audits of State and Local Governmental Units", 1986 revised edition, is adopted and incorporated into these standards as supplementary guidance to GAFRS;
(2) for fiscal years beginning on or after July 1, 1998 and ending before July 1, 2001, the Alaska Department of Education Uniform Chart of Accounts and Account Code Descriptions for Public School Districts, 1996 Edition; for fiscal years beginning on or after July 1, 2001, the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development Uniform Chart of Accounts and Account Code Descriptions for Public School Districts, 2000 Edition;
(3) Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States, July 1988 Revision, commonly referred to as "generally accepted governmental auditing standards";
(4) the department's Student Data Reporting Manual, November 2004 edition;
(5) the Alaska Department of Education Property Accounting Manual for Public School Districts, 1980 edition; and
(6) repealed 8/15/90.
(b) Each district shall implement accounting and auditing procedures consistent with the basic guides beginning with fiscal year 1991.
History: Eff. 1/1/76, Register 56; am 1/22/81, Register 77; am 8/2/81, Register 79; am 2/10/83, Register 85; am 3/24/85, Register 93; am 8/29/85, Register 95; am 4/12/86, Register 97; am 6/28/87, Register 102; am 12/23/88, Register 108; am 8/5/90, Register 115; am 12/20/97, Register 144; am 5/17/2001, Register 158; am 3/23/2006, Register 177
Authority: AS 14.07.020
Editor's note: A copy of the manuals and supplemental materials described in 4 AAC 06.120(a) are available from the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development, 801 West 10th Street, Suite 200, Juneau, Alaska 99801; (907) 465-2800.
As of Register 151 (October 1999), the regulations attorney made technical revisions under AS 44.62.125 (b)(6) to reflect the name change of the Department of Education to the Department of Education and Early Development made by ch. 58, SLA 1999, and the corresponding title change of the commissioner of education.
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006