Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
(1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of education and early development;
(2) "community" means a home-rule city, a city of any class, an incorporated village, or an unincorporated village;
(3) "department" means the Department of Education and Early Development;
(4) "local school committee" or "committee" means an elected advisory school board established under AS 14.08.115 or, if there is no such board in the community, an elected borough school district advisory school board established under AS 14.12.035 or, if there is no elected borough school district advisory school board, the village or city council;
(5) "school" means a program of instruction which complies with all statutes, regulations and requirements applicable to the operation of public schools in the state;
(6) "curriculum" means a written plan which sets out the scope and arrangement of the educational program planned for a school district.
History: Eff. 9/3/76, Register 59; am 6/14/81, Register 78; am 11/21/84, Register 92; am 6/11/95, Register 134
Authority: AS 14.07.020
Editor's note: Before Register 134, July 1995, the definition section was located at 4 AAC 05.020. The history note for 4 AAC 05.900 contains the history of that section before Register 134, July 1995.
As of Register 151 (October 1999), the regulations attorney made technical revisions under AS 44.62.125 (b)(6) to reflect the name change of the Department of Education to the Department of Education and Early Development made by ch. 58, SLA 1999, and the corresponding title change of the commissioner of education.
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006