Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "affiliated interest" has the meaning given in AS 42.05.990 ;
(2) "alternate operator service" has the meaning given in AS 42.05.325 (c);
(3) "business day" means each day of a calendar week except a Saturday, a Sunday, and each holiday that is observed by a local exchange carrier or interexchange carrier;
(4) "commission" means the Regulatory Commission of Alaska;
(5) "direct cost" means a cost specifically attributed to the production of an individual service or product without requiring the use of allocations to separate it from costs incurred in the production of other services or products;
(6) "directory assistance agent" means an entity that operates as an agent of a local exchange carrier or an interexchange carrier to maintain a database and provide operator services for the provision of intrastate directory assistance to end users;
(7) "directory assistance provider" means an entity that maintains a database and provides operator services for the provision of intrastate directory assistance to end users;
(8) "interexchange carrier" means a carrier certificated or registered to provide intrastate interexchange telephone service;
(9) "intrastate directory assistance" means the audio provision of statewide directory information to a customer calling from the 907 area code;
(10) "local exchange carrier" means a carrier certificated to provide local exchange telephone service;
(11) "total service reseller" means a local exchange carrier that purchases local service on a wholesale basis from a facilities-based local exchange carrier for resale to local customers;
(12) "underlying carrier" means a facilities-based local exchange carrier that provides local services to another local exchange carrier for resale to end users.
History: Eff. 5/24/95, Register 134; am 11/24/2004, Register 172
Authority: AS 42.05.141
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006