Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "administrator" means the applicant approved by the commission under 3 AAC 53.310 to serve as administrator of AUSF;
(2) "AUSF" means the Alaska Universal Service Fund;
(3) "eligible telecommunications carrier" means a telecommunications utility eligible under 47 U.S.C. 214(e) of the Federal Communications Act, as amended by the Telecommunications Act of 1996 (P.L. 104-104);
(4) "lifeline" has the same meaning as set out in 47 C.F.R. 54.401;
(5) "nonpooling company" means a company that is not a participant in the access charge pool established by the Alaska Intrastate Interexchange Access Charge Manual adopted by reference in 3 AAC 48.440;
(6) "pooling company" means a company that is a participant in the access charge pool established by the Alaska Intrastate Interexchange Access Charge Manual adopted by reference in 3 AAC 48.440;
(7) "universal service surcharge" or "surcharge" means a rate paid by a public utility for the use of the public telecommunications network;
(8) "link up" has the same meaning as set out in 47 C.F.R. 54.411.
History: Eff. 1/10/99, Register 149; am 1/28/2005, Register 173
Authority: AS 42.05.141
Editor's note: A copy of 47 C.F.R. 54.401 and 47 C.F.R. 54.411, as specified in 3 AAC 53.399, is available for inspection at the office of the Regulatory Commission of Alaska as specified in 3 AAC 48.010(a) .
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006