Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) In determining the disciplined current scale, an insurer may rely on the standards established by the Actuarial Standards Board if the standards
(2) limit a disciplined current scale to reflect only actions that have already been taken or events that have already occurred;
(3) do not permit a disciplined current scale to include any projected trends of improvements in experience or any assumed improvements in experience beyond the illustration date; and
(4) do not permit assumed expenses to be less than minimum assumed expenses.
(b) For purposes of this section
(1) each year an insurer may choose to designate the method of determining assumed expenses for all policy forms as fully allocated expenses, marginal expenses, or a generally recognized expense table that has been approved by the director and is based on fully allocated expenses representing a significant portion of insurance companies; the insurer may use marginal expenses only if marginal expenses are greater than the generally recognized expense table; if a generally recognized expense table has not been approved by the director, the insurer shall use fully allocated expenses; and
(2) "minimum assumed expenses" means the minimum expenses that may be used in the calculation of the disciplined current scale for a policy form.
History: Eff. 9/1/98, Register 147
Authority: AS 21.06.090
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006