Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) An issuer shall comply with 42 U.S.C. 1395ss(c) (sec. 1882(c)(3) of the Social Security Act, as enacted by sec. 4081(b)(2)(C) of the Ominbus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987 (OBRA) 1987, Pub. L. No. 100-203), by
(1) accepting a notice from a medicare carrier on dually assigned claims submitted by participating physicians and suppliers as a claim for benefits in place of any other claim form otherwise required and making a payment determination on the basis of the information contained in that notice;
(2) notifying of the payment determination
(A) the participating physician or supplier; and
(B) the beneficiary;
(3) paying the participating physician or supplier directly;
(4) furnishing, at the time of enrollment, each enrollee with a card listing the policy name, number, and a central mailing address to which notices from a medicare carrier may be sent;
(5) paying user fees for claim notices that are transmitted electronically or otherwise; and
(6) providing at least annually to the secretary a central mailing address to which all claims may be sent by medicare carriers.
(b) The issuer shall certify compliance with the requirements of (a) of this section on the medicare supplement insurance experience reporting form.
History: Eff. 4/21/99, Register 150
Authority: AS 21.06.090
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006