Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "risk retention group" means any entity meeting the definition of a risk retention group in 15 U.S.C. 3901(a)(4), as amended as of October 27, 1986 (Liability Risk Retention Act);
(2) "domestic risk retention group" means a risk retention group that has been issued a certificate of authority from the director and is in compliance with all provisions of 15 U.S.C. 3901 - 3906, as amended as of October 27, 1986 (Liability Risk Retention Act);
(3) "transact" means the same as in AS 21.90.900 ;
(4) "transacting insurance" means to transact as defined in AS 21.90.900 relative to a subject or risk that is resident, located, or to be performed in this state;
(5) "liability" means legal liability for damages, including costs of defense, legal costs and fees, and other claims expenses, because of injury to another person, damage to property, or other damage or loss to a person resulting from or arising out of a business, trade, product, service, including a professional service, premises, or operation; or any activity of a state or local government, or an agency or political subdivision of a state or local government; "liability" does not include personal risk liability or employer's liability with respect to its employees other than legal liability under the Federal Employers' Liability Act (45 U.S.C. 51);
(6) "personal risk liability" means liability for damages because of injury to a person, damage to property, or other loss or damage resulting from a personal, familial, or household responsibility or activity, rather than from a responsibility or activity referred to in (5) of this section.
History: Eff. 8/23/89, Register 111; am 10/24/92, Register 124
Authority: AS 21.03.010
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006