Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "bail" means property that is deposited with a judicial officer to secure or continue the release from custody of the defendant in a judicial proceeding;"bail" includes a bail bond, a bail bond transaction, and any pledge or deposit of collateral;
(2) "bail bond limited producer" means a person who is licensed under AS 21.27.150 to transact surety or limited surety, and who is appointed by an authorized insurer to transact, execute or countersign bail bond transactions in connection with judicial proceedings in return for money or other things of value;
(3) "collateral" means additional security given to assure the performance of the defendant's obligation;
(4) "defendant" means the individual whose performance is guaranteed by the execution of a bail bond; and
(5) "fiduciary capacity" means the duty of a licensee and surety to receive and maintain collateral with fairness and good faith as custodian of the collateral;
(6) "licensee" means a bail bond limited producer licensed under AS 21.27.150 ;
(7) "limited surety" means insurance as defined in AS 21.12.080 (2);
(8) "surety" means an authorized insurer as defined by AS 21.90.900 (4).
History: Eff. 12/18/92, Register 124
Authority: AS 21.06.090
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006