Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
(1) "accredited educational institution" means an institution of higher learning that is accredited by the jurisdictional regional accreditation agency;
(2) "challenged course" means a course for which academic credit is granted by examination only, before and without completion of the actual course;
(3) "committee" means the continuing education advisory committee established under AS 21.27.020 (g);
(4) "contact hour" means an hour of classroom instruction or participation, of which at least 50 minutes is continuous instruction or participation;
(6) "licensee" has the same meaning as in AS 21.90.900 ;
(7) "qualified instructor" means an instructor who has the background, training, education, or experience that the director determines is necessary to teach a class regarding a specific subject;
(8) "reasonable cause or excusable neglect" includes
(A) chronic illness;
(B) military service; and
(C) a hardship as determined on an individual basis by the director;
(9) "seminar" means a session of instruction of at least one contact hour conducted by a qualified instructor.
History: Eff. 9/26/96, Register 139
Authority: AS 21.06.090
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006