Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "as of date" means a specific measurement date for a set of statutory financial statements;
(2) "authorized assuming insurer" means an assuming insurer that meets the requirements of AS 21.12.020 (a);
(3) "beneficiary" means a ceding insurer for whose sole benefit a trust or letter of credit has been established or a successor in interest of the ceding insurer by operation of law, including, without limitation, a liquidator, rehabilitator, receiver, or conservator of the ceding insurer;
(4) "deficiency reserves" means a supplemental reserve that a life insurer is required to show in the life insurer's balance sheet if the gross premium charged on a class of those insured is less than the net level premium reserve or modified reserve;
(5) "excess interest reserve" means a supplemental reserve for interest credited to an insured's contract in excess of the amount guaranteed by the terms of the contract;
(6) "grantor" means an assuming insurer that has established a trust for the sole benefit of a beneficiary;
(7) "negative experience" means the condition that results from a contract of reinsurance before its termination date when, considering only the cash flows under that contract adjusted for the time value of money using the discount factor inherent in the contract, the total amount paid out by the reinsurer in losses, commission, and expense allowance exceeds the amount the reinsurer has received in premiums from the ceding company;
(8) "obligation" means
(A) a reinsured loss or allocated loss expense paid by the ceding company, but not recovered from the assuming insurer;
(B) a reserve for a reinsured loss reported and outstanding;
(C) a reserve for a reinsured loss incurred but not reported; or
(D) a reserve for an allocated reinsured loss expense or unearned premium;
(9) "unauthorized assuming insurer" means an assuming insurer that does not meet the requirements of AS 21.12.020 (a).
(10) "high grade investments" has the meaning given in 3 AAC 21.399;
(11) "qualified United States financial institution" means an institution that meets the requirements of AS 21.12.020 (f);
(12) "securities valuation office" has the meaning given in 3 AAC 21.399.
History: Eff. 10/21/92, Register 124; am 11/25/94, Register 132; am 11/21/2004, Register 172
Authority: AS 21.06.090
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006