Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The letter of credit securing credit for reinsurance with an unauthorized assuming insurer must
(1) contain an issue date and date of expiration and stipulate that the ceding insurer need only draw a sight draft under the letter of credit and present it without other documentation to obtain funds;
(4) state that the obligation of the qualified United States financial institution under the letter of credit is not contingent upon reimbursement;
(5) be for a term of no less than one year;
(6) contain an evergreen clause that provides for no less than 30 days notice of nonrenewal before the renewal date; and
(7) state that the letter of credit is governed by the laws of this state and that all drafts drawn will be presentable at an office in the United States of a qualified United States financial institution.
(b) The heading of a letter of credit may include a boxed section that contains the name of the applicant and other notations to provide a reference for the letter of credit. If used, the boxed section must be clearly marked that the information is for internal identification purposes only.
History: Eff. 11/25/94, Register 132
Authority: AS 21.06.090
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006