Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
It is an unfair act or practice for a person
(1) to represent or imply that a prospective purchaser has to act quickly to purchase land at a savings because the price is about to increase unless, in fact, a decision has been made by the developer to increase the price and that the increase does take effect and remains in effect for a minimum period of 30 days;
(2) to represent that the price of land to a prospective purchaser is a discount or reduction from a regular price unless, in fact, the represented regular price was the customary and regularly sold-at price for a reasonable period of time previously;
(3) to represent or imply that the price of land is a savings when compared to the price of other land sold by competitors of the developer, unless the other lands with the higher prices have the same characteristics, attributes, and qualities of the offered land and the compared-to prices are not fictitious;
(4) to fail to reveal the basis of the projected value where it is represented that the purchaser is making an investment which will increase in value due to the efforts of the developer;
(5) to represent that credit is easily available when, in fact, it is not;
(6) to misrepresent or to cause others to misrepresent the interest rate or finance charge as being other than it actually is.
History: Eff. 4/3/76, Register 58
Authority: AS 34.55.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006