- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 55. Uniform Land Sales Practices Act
- Section 20. General Powers and Duties.
previous: Section 18
. Annual Report.
next: Section 22
. Investigations and Proceedings.
AS 34.55.020. General Powers and Duties.
- (a) The department shall adopt regulations under AS 44.62
(Administrative Procedure Act). The regulations must include but not be limited to provisions for advertising
standards to assure full and fair disclosure; provisions for escrow or trust agreements or other means reasonably to
assure that all improvements referred to in the application for registration and advertising will be completed and that
purchasers will receive the interest in land contracted for; provisions for operating procedures; and other provisions
as are necessary and proper to accomplish the purpose of this chapter.
- (b) The department, by regulation or by an order, after notice and hearing, may require the filing of advertising material
relating to subdivided land before its distribution.
- (c) If it appears that a person has engaged or is about to engage in an act or practice constituting a violation of this
chapter, or a regulation or order under this chapter, the department, with or without prior administrative proceedings
may bring an action in the superior court to enjoin the acts or practices and to enforce compliance with this chapter
or a regulation or order under this chapter. Upon proper showing, injunctive relief or temporary restraining orders
shall be granted, and a receiver or conservator may be appointed. The department is not required to post a bond in
- (d) The department may intervene in a suit involving subdivided land. In a suit by or against a subdivider involving
subdivided land, the subdivider promptly shall furnish the department notice of the suit and copies of all pleadings.
- (e) The department may
- (1) accept registrations filed in other states or with the federal government;
- (2) contract with agencies in this state or other jurisdictions to perform investigative functions;
- (3) accept grants in aid from any source.
- (f) The department shall cooperate with similar departments in other jurisdictions to establish uniform filing procedures
and forms, uniform public offering statements, advertising standards, rules, and common administrative practices.
- (g) [Repealed, Sec. 28 ch 90 SLA 1991].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.