- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 80. Persons With Disabilities
- Section 100. Programs For Persons With Disabilities.
previous: Section 90
next: Section 110
. Program Principles.
AS 47.80.100. Programs For Persons With Disabilities.
- (a) The Department of Health and Social Services, the Department of Education and Early Development, and other departments
of the state as appropriate, shall, in coordination, plan, develop, and implement a comprehensive system of services
and facilities for persons with disabilities, that is consistent with the state plan adopted under AS 47.80.090(5) and is dispersed geographically within the
- (b) The services required in (a) of this section are specialized services or special adaptations of services available to
the general population and shall be directed toward the social, personal, physical, or economic habilitation or
rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
- (c) Within the limits of appropriations and other available funds, the appropriate department may itself provide the
services and establish, operate, and maintain the facilities required under (a) and (b) of this section, or it may
provide the services or facilities entirely or in part through contractual arrangements with public or private
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.