- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 80. Persons With Disabilities
- Section 50. Term of Office.
previous: Section 40
next: Section 60
. Compensation, Per Diem, and Expenses.
AS 47.80.050. Term of Office.
- (a) Council members serve staggered terms of three years.
- (b) A vacancy occurring in the membership of the council shall be filled by appointment of the governor for the unexpired
portion of the vacated term.
- (c) Council members serve at the pleasure of the governor, notwithstanding their terms of office.
- (d) It is the legislative intent that the governor replace any member who, by poor attendance or lack of contribution to
the council's work, demonstrates ineffectiveness as a council member.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.