- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 75. Social Services Planning
- Section 20. State Plan.
previous: Section 10
next: Section 30
. Annual Public Meetings Required.
AS 47.75.020. State Plan.
- (a) The department shall annually provide to the legislature a detailed state plan for the delivery of social services.
It includes the following:
- (1) a needs analysis of social services presently provided or purchased by the state;
- (2) a needs analysis of social services that are not presently provided or purchased by the state or not available from
any other source in the state;
- (3) a needs analysis of social services provided by local governments, nonprofit and charitable organizations, and profit
corporations and partnerships, with an emphasis on their availability for purchase by the state;
- (4) a priority listing of social services to be provided or purchased by the state for the succeeding fiscal year
- (A) a justification of how each proposed social service shall meet the goals established under AS 47.75.010
- (B) the categories of individuals to whom the services are to be provided, including categories based on the income of
individuals or their families;
- (C) the geographic areas in which the services are to be provided, with the nature and amount of the services to be
provided in each area;
- (D) a description of the planning, evaluation, and reporting activities to be carried out in order to provide the service;
- (E) a description of the organizational structure through which the program will be administered, including the extent to
which public and private agencies and volunteers will be utilized in the provision of the services;
- (F) estimated expenditures required for each of the services to be provided, each of the categories of individuals to whom
the services are to be provided, and each of the geographic areas in which the services are to be provided; and a
comparison between estimated state and other expenditures for the services necessary to insure adequate availability of
services to the entire population of the state;
- (5) a comprehensive budget for services provided or purchased by the state based upon the prioritized listing required in
(4) of this subsection including expenditures for administration, planning, evaluation, and personnel training directly
related to the provision of those services; and
- (6) recommendations as to any necessary changes in existing laws including licensing to improve the quality and
availability of social services, facilities and institutions, and social services manpower.
- (b) The state plan required by this chapter is the official state plan prepared for the delivery of social services in the
state and shall include and meet all the applicable provisions required by title XX of the Social Security Act, P.L.
93-647. The state plan may not be limited to the planning of services funded by title XX, but shall include all the
social services purchased or provided by the state or any of its subdivisions.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.