- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 55. Alaska Pioneers' Home and Alaska Veterans' Home
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 100
. Certificate as Evidence.
next: Chapter 60
. Multi-Purpose Senior Centers
AS 47.55.900. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (2) "home" means
- (A) the Alaska Pioneers' Home; or
- (B) the Alaska Veterans' Home;
- (3) "physical disability or other reason" means inability of an individual to maintain a household without regular
assistance in shopping, housekeeping, meal preparation, dressing, or personal hygiene because of physical or medical
impairment, infirmity, or disability;
- (4) "resident of the state" has the meaning given "resident" in AS 47.25.430(a);
- (5) "veteran" means a person who has been discharged from the armed forces of the United States, including the Alaska
National Guard or the Alaska Territorial Guard; the discharge from the armed forces must be other than dishonorable.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.