- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 33. Assisted Living Homes
- Section 5. Purpose.
previous: Chapter 33
. Assisted Living Homes
next: Section 10
AS 47.33.005. Purpose.
The purpose of this chapter is to
- (1) contribute to the development of a system of care by encouraging the establishment of assisted living homes that
provide a homelike environment for elderly persons and persons with a mental or physical disability who need assistance
with the activities of daily living;
- (2) promote the establishment of homes that help
- (A) the elderly to age in place; and
- (B) adults with a physical or mental disability to become integrated into the community and to reach their highest level
- (3) establish standards that will protect residents of assisted living homes, while at the same time promoting an
environment that will encourage resident growth and independence, without discouraging the establishment and continued
operation of those homes;
- (4) require that a resident of an assisted living home have an assisted living plan that identifies the services that will
be used to meet the resident's reasonable wants and needs; and
- (5) provide a resident of an assisted living home, or the resident's representative, with the opportunity to participate
to the fullest extent possible in the design and implementation of the resident's assisted living plan and in any
decisions involving the resident's care.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.