- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 31. Mental Health Treatment Assistance Program
- Section 10. Eligibility For Assistance.
previous: Section 5
next: Section 15
. Application For Assistance.
AS 47.31.010. Eligibility For Assistance.
- (a) The department shall provide financial assistance under this chapter to a patient who
- (1) does not have the available means to pay or substantially contribute to the payment of charges assessed by a facility;
- (2) has no other third party to pay for the evaluation or treatment provided under AS 47.30; and
- (3) meets the criteria in this chapter.
- (b) To be eligible for assistance under this chapter, a patient must have
- (1) been admitted for inpatient evaluation or treatment at an evaluation facility or a designated treatment facility other
than a state-operated hospital after either
- (A) an involuntary commitment under AS 47.30.700
- 47.30.915; or
- (B) a voluntary admission chosen by the patient after a determination by the patient's treating physician that the patient
meets the involuntary commitment criteria in AS 47.30.700
- 47.30.915 and that involuntary commitment
proceedings would be initiated if the patient did not choose to be admitted voluntarily; and
- (2) a gross monthly household income that does not exceed 185 percent of the federal poverty guideline for this state for
the calendar month in which service was provided.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.