- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 662. Composition.
previous: Section 661
. Alaska Mental Health Board.
next: Section 663
. Term of Office.
AS 47.30.662. Composition.
- (a) The board consists of not fewer than 12 nor more than 16 members appointed by the governor, with due regard for the
demographics of the state and balanced geographic representation of the state. The membership and committees of the
board shall fulfill the requirements of P.L. 99-660, as amended.
- (b) Not less than one-half of the members shall be persons with a mental disorder identified in AS 47.30.056
(b)(1) or members of their families.
- (c) The board members
- (1) shall include the director of the division of mental health and developmental disabilities in the department; and
- (2) may include representatives of the principal state agencies with respect to education, vocational rehabilitation,
criminal justice, housing, social services, medical assistance, substance abuse, and aging.
- (d) Board members appointed under (c) of this section may not vote on matters before the board.
- (e) The board members shall include at least two licensed mental health professionals who represent public and private
providers of mental health services and at least one member who is admitted to practice law in the state. Members
appointed under this subsection may also be family members identified under (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.