- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 27. Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 300
. Regional Public Assistance Programs.
next: Section 990
. Short Title.
AS 47.27.900. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "Alaska Native family assistance grant" means a grant under AS 47.27.200;
- (2) "Alaska Native family assistance program" means a program funded in part by a grant under AS 47.27.200 ;
- (3) "cash assistance" means assistance for basic living expenses provided under the Alaska temporary assistance program;
"cash assistance" includes cash, vouchers, or third-party vendor payments; "cash assistance" does not include a
diversion payment under AS 47.27.026 or
- (4) "child care assistance" means payments made by the Department of Health and Social Services or the Department of
Education and Early Development to Alaska temporary assistance program participant families or to providers for the
care of children of the participant families;
- (5) "child support" includes court-ordered or administratively ordered child support, medical support, and spousal
- (6) "child support services agency" means the child support services agency in the Department of Revenue;
- (7) "commissioner" means the commissioner of health and social services;
- (8) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (9) "dependent child" means an individual who
- (A) has not attained
- (i) 18 years of age; or
- (ii) 19 years of age and is a full-time student in a secondary school or in the equivalent level of vocational or technical
- (B) is not an applicant under AS 47.27.020
- (10) "diversion payment" means a diversion payment paid under AS 47.27.026;
- (11) "federally approved tribal family assistance plan" means a plan that meets the requirements of 42 U.S.C.
612 and has been approved for financing through a tribal family assistance grant directly from the United States Department of Health
and Human Services;
- (12) "self-sufficiency services" means work-related services, community service work referrals, child care assistance,
emergency assistance, service vouchers, equipment vouchers, work stipends, transportation assistance, wage subsidies,
and other work supports and services determined by the department in regulation to promote family self-sufficiency;
- (13) "work activities" includes job readiness assessments, on-the-job training, education and vocational training, job
sampling, job search requirements, subsidized and unsubsidized work, and community work service.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.