- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 27. Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Section 20. Application Requirements.
previous: Section 15
. Disqualifying Conditions.
next: Section 25
. Cash Assistance..
AS 47.27.020. Application Requirements.
- (a) An applicant under the Alaska temporary assistance program shall complete an application in writing, or by electronic
means, and in a form specified by the department. The applicant must be a pregnant woman or an individual who has
physical custody of the dependent child or children. The application must be complete and must provide all of the
information about the family and the child or children that is requested by the department. The applicant shall provide
all supporting documentation for verification that the department determines to be necessary to establish eligibility.
- (b) On the application, each applicant shall attest to whether the family, at any time, has received cash assistance or
self-sufficiency services from another state program that was established with federal money under the federal
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program and whether the family has ever been disqualified from receiving cash
assistance or self-sufficiency services under the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program for the
period for which the application has been submitted.
- (c) An applicant shall agree to cooperate with the department to establish a family self-sufficiency plan and to
participate in work activities when assigned by the department.
- (d) An applicant shall acknowledge the assignment of support rights as required by AS 47.27.040
(a) and shall agree to cooperate with the child support services agency of the Department of Revenue to the extent
required under AS 47.27.040
(b). The applicant shall agree to report all child support payments received directly by the family, during or for a
period for which the family is receiving cash assistance under this chapter, to the department within 15 days after
receipt of those payments.
- (e) An applicant shall update the information requested in the application at regular intervals as established by the
department in regulation. The department may conduct reviews of an application and audit the information provided as
necessary to determine eligibility.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.