- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 27. Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Section 50. Grants and Contracts For Services.
previous: Section 45
. Alienation and Attachment.
next: Section 55
. Agency Collaboration.
AS 47.27.050. Grants and Contracts For Services.
- (a) The department may contract with or award grants to qualified entities in the state to administer an Alaska temporary
assistance program or a distinct part of the Alaska temporary assistance program. The department may establish
standards for the administration of services under the grant or contract, including fees to be charged to applicants
for or recipients of those services.
- (b) Contracts authorized under this section are to be administered in accordance with AS 47.05.015
. Grants authorized under this section are to be awarded using requirements, established in regulation, that are
substantially similar to those set out in AS 47.05.015
- (c) This section may not be construed to expand the powers of a municipality.
- (d) In this section, "qualified entities" include municipalities, other political subdivisions of the state, nonprofit
corporations formed under AS 10.20, churches and religious
organizations, and incorporated and unincorporated businesses operating within the state that meet the requirements
established by the department in regulation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.