- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 27. Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Section 27. Assistance to Minors.
previous: Section 26
. Diversion Payments.
next: Section 30
. Family Self-Sufficiency Services.
AS 47.27.027. Assistance to Minors.
- (a) If an applicant under AS 47.27.020
is not married, is under the age of 18, and has not been previously emancipated under AS 09.55.590
, the applicant must
- (1) live in a home maintained by the applicant's parent, legal guardian, or other adult relative, unless the applicant
establishes that there is good cause, as established by the department in regulation, to waive this requirement; if the
department waives this requirement, the applicant must live in an approved, adult- supervised, supportive living
- (2) agree that cash assistance on behalf of the applicant's family may be paid to the applicant's parent, legal guardian,
or other adult relative, or, if applicable, to the adult head of the adult-supervised, supportive living environment in
which the applicant resides; and
- (3) maintain attendance in a secondary school or other appropriate training program unless the applicant has a high school
diploma or general equivalent diploma.
- (b) The department shall reduce the cash assistance for which an assistance unit is otherwise eligible under this chapter
if a minor parent in the assistance unit fails, without good cause, to meet standards of adequate levels of school
attendance, as defined in regulations of the department. The reduction under this subsection shall be achieved by
disregarding the needs of the person who failed to meet the school attendance standards. The person's needs shall be
disregarded until the minor parent complies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.