- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 18. Programs and Services Related to Adolescents
- Section 110. Eligible Projects.
previous: Section 100
. State Funding Authorized.
next: Section 120
. Applications For Project Funding.
AS 47.18.110. Eligible Projects.
- (a) Projects funded under AS 47.18.100
shall be designed with a holistic approach that recognizes the interconnectedness of adolescent parenthood and a broad
array of related circumstances, such as low self-esteem, domestic violence, substance abuse, economic security,
financial responsibilities of having a child, cultural integrity, sources of adolescent stress, parenting skills,
educational and vocational opportunities, and access to reproductive health services.
- (b) Projects funded under AS 47.18.100
may include one or more of the following types of activities:
- (1) family life education;
- (2) counseling services for adolescents who are, or who may think they are, pregnant or who want to avoid pregnancy;
- (3) prenatal care for pregnant adolescents;
- (4) job training and placement for adolescent parents;
- (5) educational and support services for adolescent parents;
- (6) other activities that, in the judgment of the department, are likely to have a tangible effect on combating a problem
associated with adolescent pregnancy or parenthood.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.