- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 14. Juvenile Programs and Institutions
- Section 50. Operation of Homes and Facilities.
previous: Section 40
. Authority to Maintain and Operate Home, Work Camp, or Facility.
next: Section 100
. Powers and Duties of Department Over Care of Child.
AS 47.14.050. Operation of Homes and Facilities.
- (a) The department shall adopt standards and regulations for the operation of
- (1) juvenile detention homes and juvenile detention facilities in the state; and
- (2) juvenile work camps in the state; the regulations adopted under this paragraph must provide a means by which to ensure
that a minor who is placed in a work camp
- (A) is in good physical and mental condition and able to perform the work and engage in the activities that may be
required of the minor;
- (B) does not present a danger to the physical safety of other minors who are placed in the work camp.
- (b) The department may enter into contracts with cities and other governmental agencies for the detention of juveniles
before and after commitment by juvenile authorities. A contract may not be made for longer than one year.
Article 02. CARE OF CHILDREN
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.