- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 8. Assistance For Catastrophic Illness and Chronic or Acute Medical Conditions
- Section 70. Standards For Reimbursement to Providers.
previous: Section 60
. Calculation of Applicant's Share.
next: Section 80
. Reconsideration of Decision By Committee.
AS 47.08.070. Standards For Reimbursement to Providers.
The amount that the committee reimburses providers for medical services rendered to a person who has suffered
catastrophic illness may not be greater than 100 percent of the total unpaid bills related to the catastrophic illness
and shall be determined by the following standards:
- (1) only unpaid medical expenses for periods not to exceed 12 months, and related to catastrophic illness, may be
considered; the initial 12-month period begins with the date of the first charges incurred because of the illness;
- (2) the committee may not reimburse a provider if the applicant's total medical expenses related to the catastrophic
illness are less than $1,000 in any period not exceeding 12 months described in (1) of this section after all sources
of third-party payment have been exhausted by the applicant or by someone acting on behalf of the applicant;
- (3) the committee may not reimburse a provider for the applicant's share of the total medical expenses; moreover, a
reimbursement to the provider shall be conditioned on the provider's agreement that the provider enter into a payment
schedule with the applicant which will result in full liquidation of the applicant's share; payment schedules may not
be for a term of less than three years.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.