- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 7. Medical Assistance For Needy Persons
- Section 67. Payment For Adult Dental Services.
previous: Section 65
. Payment For Prescribed Drugs.
next: Section 70
. Payment Rates For Health Facilities.
AS 47.07.067. Payment For Adult Dental Services.
- (a) Subject to appropriation, the department shall pay for minimum treatment and for preventative
and restorative adult dental services provided under AS 47.07.030 (b) and under regulations adopted by the
commissioner in conformity with applicable federal requirements and this chapter. Regulations adopted under this section
must include the following:
- (1) a maximum amount of benefits for preventative and restorative adult dental services of
$1,150 for each eligible recipient in a fiscal year; and
- (2) specification of the scope of coverage for preventative and restorative adult dental services.
- (b) On or before June 30 of each year, the department shall review appropriations available for the
purposes of this section for the following fiscal year, and estimate the scope of services to be used and the number of
eligible recipients anticipated to be served during the following fiscal year. Notwithstanding the maximum amount of
benefits specified in (a)(1) of this section, the department shall reduce, by regulation, the specified maximum amount of
benefits for the following fiscal year if the department's estimates under this subsection would exceed appropriations
available for that fiscal year.
- (c) Notwithstanding any contrary provision of AS 44.62, the department may adopt emergency regulations to implement (b)
of this section.
- (d) As used in this section, "minimum treatment" means the application or prescription of a
medication or material deemed necessary by a licensed dentist for the immediate relief of pain or to reduce the spread of
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.