- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 5. Administration of Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Section 72. Duty of Attorney for Medical Assistance Recipient. [See Conditional Effective Date Note]..
previous: Section 71
. Duty of a Medical Assistance Recipient. [See Conditional Effective Date Note]..
next: Section 73
. Judgement, Award, or Settlement of a Medical Assistance Lien. [See Conditional Effective Date Note]..
AS 47.05.072. Duty of Attorney for Medical Assistance Recipient. [See Conditional Effective Date Note]..
- (a) An attorney representing a medical assistance recipient shall notify the attorney general's office.
- (b) The notice to the attorney general's office required under (a) of this section includes submission
of the following:
- (1) identification of the medical assistance recipient's name, last known address, and telephone number,
and the date of the injury or illness giving rise to the action or claim;
- (2) copies of the pleadings and other papers related to the action or claim;
- (3) the identification of each potentially liable third party, including that party's name, last known
address, and telephone number;
- (4) the identification of any insurance policy potentially responsive to the action or claim; and
- (5) a description of the facts and circumstances supporting the action or claim.
- (c) An attorney who represents a medical assistance recipient shall give the attorney general's
office notice within 30 days of any judgment, award, or settlement in an action or claim by the medical assistance recipient
to recover damages for an injury or illness that has resulted in the department's providing or paying for medical assistance.
- (d) If a medical assistance recipient is handling the action or claim on a pro se basis, the
provisions of this section apply as if the medical assistance recipient were an attorney representing the medical
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.