- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 40. The Alaska Coastal Management Program
- Section 70. Requirements For Department Review and Approval.
previous: Section 60
. Review and Approval By the Department.
next: Section 80
. Effective Date of Alaska Coastal Management Program. [Repealed, Sec. 44 Ch 24 SLA 2003].
AS 46.40.070. Requirements For Department Review and Approval.
- (a) The department shall approve a district coastal management plan submitted for review and approval if
- (1) the district coastal management plan meets the requirements of this chapter and the statewide standards and district
plan criteria adopted by the department; and
- (2) the enforceable policies of the district coastal management plan
- (A) are clear and concise as to the activities and persons affected by the policies, and the requirements of the policies;
- (B) use precise, prescriptive, and enforceable language; and
- (C) do not address a matter regulated or authorized by state or federal law unless the enforceable policies relate
specifically to a matter of local concern; for purposes of this subparagraph, "matter of local concern" means a
specific coastal use or resource within a defined portion of the district's coastal zone, that is
- (i) demonstrated as sensitive to development;
- (ii) not adequately addressed by state or federal law; and
- (iii) of unique concern to the coastal resource district as demonstrated by local usage or scientific evidence.
- (b) A decision by the department under this section shall be given within 90 days after submission of the district coastal
management plan to the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.