- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 17. Supervision of Safety of Dams and Reservoirs
- Section 110. Action Against State For Damages.
previous: Section 100
. Other Government Agencies.
next: Section 120
. Duties of Owner.
AS 46.17.110. Action Against State For Damages.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a person may not bring an action against the state, the department, or
agents or employees of the state, for the recovery of damages caused by the partial or total failure of a dam or
reservoir, or by the operation of a dam or reservoir, or by an act or omission in connection with
- (1) approval of the construction of a dam or reservoir, or approval of flood-handling plans during or after construction;
- (2) issuance or enforcement of orders relating to maintenance or operation of the dam or reservoir;
- (3) control or regulation of the dam or reservoir;
- (4) measures taken to protect against failure of the dam or reservoir during an emergency; or
- (5) investigations or inspections authorized under this chapter.
- (b) A person may bring an action against the state for the recovery of damages caused by an action undertaken by a dam
owner that was negligently ordered by the state over the owner's objection.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.